Stone%20Fox

3.19.2013

Shellac & Nail Shaping

Shellac is becoming the new manicure go to! It lasts longer than regular polish, and thickens the natural nail.  It can get pricey to maintain at anywhere from $30-$60 per manicure depending on the salon.  Thankfully my friend graciously shared this with me and I thought I'd pass it on, it's available at Shoppers, Murale, Sephora, and beauty supply stores.  It will literally pay for itself, results are professional looking, granted you can work a regular nail polish brush! 
My only concern as a regular Bio-gel user, is the damage to the natural nail beds. Its does tend to leave your nails on the thinner side, so I would suggest using a nail hardner, and giving your nails a break from the gels from time to time....I know it's tragic, and unfortunate looking until they repair but Witchcraft makes an excellent nail hardner that will help with growth as well!


Thanks to Natalie for sharing this photo! @whitepearlnh (IG)

Witchcraft nail hardner.



These are some great examples of popular nail shapes (above) I usually tend to go back and forth between almond, oval, and square-round! Although pictured below are the infamous "Snookie" duck nails, which I'm really hoping stops at the Jersey boarders. It's just not a flattering look! The hole idea of having our nails long is to elongate the fingers, more times than not. This style does the opposite. 

EW!



No comments:

Post a Comment